Technology is changing the way businesses operate. Twenty years ago, introducing new systems in a production environment required extensive training and expensive equipment. And even after implementing those investments, seeing results still took time.
Remaining competitive in today’s global marketplace means embracing new technologies that offer the flexibility and cost reduction techniques manufacturers need to sustain and support company growth.
Building solutions in real world production
Although no two manufacturers operate identically, the processes involved are relatively similar, and visibility is the key. From the initial point of sale to consumption, and every task in between, to be effective, your staff needs real-time access to a variety of production information. Software providers and manufacturers in the Irish market are already embracing technological trends with promising results.
How software supports company growth
Company growth can be stifled when a business has outgrown their current system. Manufacturers, in particular, can experience rapid changes in customer demand, which means either looking for ways to upgrade current systems in-house, or transferring to a more cost effective, customised ERP solution.
Some indicators that it’s time to upgrade:
- Your business processes are becoming increasingly difficult to manage with your current accounting software package.
- You’ve recently expanded to include overseas trading capabilities and need to incorporate foreign currency amounts within your system.
- You’ve experienced increasing inefficiency in your stock handling, tracking, and supply chain management due to increases in sales.
- You’ve recently included make-to-order, or engineered-to-order options for your customers.
- New regulatory compliance guidelines on controlled substances or restricted materials have created traceability issues with your replenishment protocols.
These types of changes signal your company’s rising success, but without the proper tools to handle the growth, the positive effects can be rather short-lived.
Knowing that you need to integrate new software is an important first step, but understanding exactly which facilities management software programme to implement can be confusing without expert assistance.
Sage 200 Manufacturing operates from a lean outlook; to find out more about this, or other software solutions for your growing production facility contact a reliable software partner who can offer advanced ERP solutions for your company.