By Kevin McDonald, Graduate Product Manager at Sage
6. “I need a way of making faster payments to my suppliers to help with my cash flow.”
In this case the customer was unaware of the free eBanking features which were available to them. In Sage 50 you can use the eBanking feature to make electronic BACS payments to your suppliers. This feature is free and the relevant banking plugins can be downloaded from My Sage.
7. “I have two companies setup in my Sage accounts. Why can’t I run management reports on both of them at once?”
You can. The multi company consolidation is available in Sage 50 Accounts Professional and will allow you to consolidate companies together so you will be able to run management reports such as the trail balance or balance sheet reports on your batch of companies.
8. “I have a new employee starting to use Sage 50 and I want to approve postings before they are allowed save journals to Sage 50.”
The Excel import feature can be used here i.e. the user can create the journals in Excel using the import templates that we provide with the program. The excel file can then be sent for approval and imported by the accounts administrator.
9. “I want to work on my accounts at the same time as my accountant.”
You can. The accountant’s link feature allows you to import changes that the accountant has made such as journal entries or VAT reconciliations. This means that you do not have to stop processing while your accountant is working on your data.
10. “I have one company set up in Sage but I need to report on each side of my business, my retail shop and café.”
In this case you can use the departments feature and the departmentalised management reports such as the profit and loss report. Each transaction in Sage 50 can be posted to a department. For this question we set up department 1 as the retail shop and department 2 as the café and posted the relevant transactions to each one. We can then run a P&L for department 1, department 2 OR both.
Hopefully these posts have made you aware of some Sage 50 features which will help you in your day to day use of the program. Please feel free to comment or get in touch. If you are an existing Sage 50 customer and would like to see a demo of the new version you can check out our product test drive.